Lost and Found
Found items. If you find an item, please report it to us directly using the "contact us" form on our website (click on Contact Us). Send us a detailed description of the item and where and when you found it. We will post a general description of the item on this page, asking the party who believes the item to be theirs to contact us and provide a detailed description to prove it's theirs.
Lost items. If you've lost an item, report it to us using the "contact us" form on our website (click on Contact Us). Send us a detailed description of the item and where and when you think you lost it. If it's been reported found, we will contact you about picking it up. If the item has not been reported found, we will post the information on this page. Maybe you'll get lucky, and someone using the website will have found it!
What to do with found items. Brule River State Forest personnel will hold found items at the Ranger Station in Brule for pick-up, but it's important that you first report things through our website if you want us to help "get the word out."
Brule River State Forest
6250 South Ranger Rd.
Brule, WI 54820
715-372-5678 – Phone
Items reported found.
- A spinning rod and reel. Found on the road leading to the mouth of the Brule on Wednesday morning September 18th. The finder believes it was owned by a man who was fishing at the mouth when he arrived. He believes the angler is a retired veterinarian. Posted 24 September 2019.
- 2 wooden paddles with the names of Kate on one and Martha in the other and some flotation devices. Finder believes they belong with a red Old Town Tripper canoe that had 3 young ladies in it in trouble just above Nebagamon Creek on Monday Aug 13th around 6 pm. Posted 16 August 2018.
Items reported lost.
- Shirts and a small bag with sunscreen and bug spray. Lost in rapids south of Big Lake. Posted 28 May 2020.
- Lost a cell phone (black case, in Ziploc bag) near the Winneboujou canoe landing. Posted 28 May 2020.
- An 8 weight 9.5 foot Scott Rod with a 3 M 7/8 L reel. Lost along Cty H between Hwy 13 and Park Rd. Posted 17 April 2020.
- Lost near Stones Bridge. A 4 weight Orvis Helios fly rod and reel. If you happened to find this rod and reel, please report it to us using the "contact us" form on our website. Posted 18 July 2018.
- A landing net was reported lost on Easter Sunday near Pine Tree Canoe Landing. If you happened to come across this net please report it to us using the "contact us" form on our website. Posted 9 April 2018.