Brule River Sportsmen's Club College Scholarship Information
The Brule River Sportsmen’s Club offers an annual college scholarship of $5,000. The following paragraphs provide information of interest to applicants.
In order to be eligible for this scholarship, a person MUST.
- Intend to use this scholarship for studies at the junior, senior or graduate level at a college or university;
- Attend or plan to attend an institution of higher learning that is located in Wisconsin or Minnesota (consideration will be given to other specialty programs);
- Be preparing for a career in natural resources; and
- Be majoring in public policy, law, political science, engineering, or any other field in which the student could prepare for a career in a profession that would further public understanding, appreciation and conservation of natural resources.
Recipients will be selected by the Brule River Sportsmen's Club Scholarship Selection Committee, which consists of five Club members. Decisions of the committee shall be final. A member of the Brule River Sportsmen's Club, or the child or grandchild of a member may be given preference.
How to Apply
Email a letter of application to the Brule River Sportsmen's Club Scholarship Committee at BruleScholarship@gmail.com. The letter must include the following attachments (in pdf format):
- A copy of your current school transcript and grade-point average,
- Two letters of recommendation, and
- A narrative describing your natural resources career goal, involvement in extracurricular activities pertaining to your career goal, why you want or need the scholarship, and how your graduate research or career would benefit the Brule River (or a similar resource) and its environs.
The application deadline is midnight CDT April 30th.
If, in any year, the committee decides that no one meets the qualifications, an award will NOT be given in that year.
Notification and Processing
A letter will be sent to the successful candidate. The award will be in the form of a check that will be made out to the recipient and to the post-secondary school that the recipient plans to attend or is attending. The check will be mailed to the financial aid director of that school and will be collectible by the recipient at the time of registration.
Click on Scholarship News for information regarding a generous anonymous donation to help fund the Club's scholarships, information regarding other fund raising efforts, and how to donate to our scholarship fund.