The Brule River Sportsmen’s Club offers an annual scholarship of $5,000.
The following paragraphs provide information of interest to applicants.
In order to be eligible for this scholarship, a person MUST.
- Intend to use this scholarship for studies at the junior, senior or graduate
level at a college or university;
- Attend or plan to attend an institution of higher learning that is located
in Wisconsin or Minnesota;
- Be preparing for a career in natural resources;
- Be majoring in public policy, law, political science, engineering, or any
other field in which the student could prepare for a career in a profession that
would further public understanding, appreciation and conservation of natural
- A member of the Brule River Sportsmen's Club, or the child or grandchild of
a member may be given preference.
Recipients will be selected by the
Brule River Sportsmen's Club Scholarship Selection Committee, which consists of
five Club members. Decisions of the committee shall be final.
How to Apply
Send a letter of application to the Brule
River Sportsmen's Club, Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 100, Brule, WI 54820.
The letter must include statements regarding the following:
- Copy of current school transcripts and grade-point average,
- Goals for a career in natural resources,
- Involvement in extra-curricular activities pertaining to career goals, and
- Why the applicant wants or needs this scholarship.
The deadline for applicants desiring a
scholarship is April 30th each year.
If, in any year, the committee decides that
no one meets the qualifications, an award will NOT be given in that year.
Notification and processing
A letter will be sent to the successful candidate. The award will be in the
form of a check that will be made out to the recipient and to the post-secondary
school that the recipient plans to attend or is attending. The check will be
mailed to the financial aid director of that school and will be collectible by
the recipient at the time of registration.
Matching funds donation
Click on Scholarship News
for information regarding a generous anonymous donation to help fund the Club's scholarships.